La foire aux questions (FAQ) du site Internet de Saint-Laurent est en constante évolution. Elle sera bonifiée selon les questions reçues et les sujets d'actualité.
Can I use a BBQ on my balcony?
Unless the rules and regulations of your building indicate otherwise, yes, you may use a BBQ on your balcony.
Make sure the BBQ:
- is used more than 600 mm (24 inches) away from a door or window
- is never located less than 450 mm (18 inches) away from all combustible materials
- is never located between a door and a stairway
- is not a nuisance (doesn't give off any sparks, soot or smoke that dirties or damages the neighbours' properties nor bothers the neighbourhood)
If your balcony is made out of a combustible material and if you use briquettes to operate your small BBQ:
- Make sure you place it on a sheet metal plate more than 600 mm (24 inches) all around the appliance.
If you use a propane BBQ, remember that propane tanks:
- are prohibited inside a building or in a closed space
- must be kept in the open air
- must not be used for more than ten years
- must not be tossed in the garbage (but rather brought to a propane distributor)